A Trek To Zion
The name is still Michael C. Mbamobi aka "War Babylon!"
Zion, in Bible parlance simply means a place of peace and refuge. In Virtual meaning, it is a place of HOPE for anything connected to God.
This article described a man’s journey to Zion which typically means “Hope, Attainment, Fullness or Realization of Thought”. Journeying to Zion here is a man’s “life flight”. Never the less, Zion still have different meanings to different people
It is a very long journey. It may take an entire life time depending on some factors!
Here again in this article we will are taking Zion as one’s professional life, carrier life or business life.
With determination, focus and perseverance, one can actually get to the climax of what he seek!
My story is a long one but I will not like to bore you with all of them then at the same time I will not like to this either!
I will never forget that day in around year 2002 or so. I went to my friend's house as they enjoyed their newly acquired computer system which was then loaded with lots of 3D games. Those days I was repairing compact disc hi-fi systems and television systems. I was telling my friend that what I want in Computer is how to build electronic devices, I was pointing to the old circuit board I was holding in my hands. The guy shouted...
"Noooo! Here (he meant here in Nigeria/Africa), you can't do that. That one is too advanced, it is only possible in the western world. You can't do that in here!"
You know, I was shocked and terrified to hear this exclamations because I really wanted to such things. Notwithstanding those exclamations, I still looked forward to pursue my dreams. I build real flying rockets when I was in secondary school. I built many active explosives then but let's skip this fast because of insecurity and other factors now, though I was just a small boy then and I did those things due to my deep interest in chemistry and physics...just for the fun of it.
In the year 2008, the idea of electronics came to me again but I had nothing to start with. In 2009, due to the low voltage in my office location, I built a stabilizer that boost the NEPA from 80V to 240V! It was like a magic! May God bless the young Indian man who helped those days me to understand the basics of electronics. The design of that stabilizer was not refined but at least it helped and it was a stepping stone to whatever I do today! Since the design of that stabilizer, I have been onto my dreams till date. In the tear 2014, I prepared a workshop for my development. In the workshop, things started to unfold…the big dilemma! Designing electronics product is a long term project for professionals then how long would it be for a novice. What of my daily bread? My work takes all my time without giving me a day of my own. I started living like a banished person because I no longer relate with people. Hunger and other factors followed it. I nearly quit but I did not even think of stopping. One thing I am sure of is that I love what I do. I continued. In the year 2015, I observed that only the God’s given talent is not sufficient to create the type of thing I want to do. I stated connecting to the western world to learn practical electronics. I have knowledge of many things and it was advantageous too. Those days when we were on 2G network, it wouldn’t have been possible to be having web learning but fortunately, a VSAT internet was granted to me by the then parish priest, Rev father Cyril Onwuasoeze. It cost him a whooping sum of N380,000!
I studied till 2017 then I went back to the workshop and produced some gadgets for a friend. The designs were all analog and in TH (Through-Hole) technology. The picture is below. Then I remembered what my friend told me in 2002. I smiled…

Loving the patient and ur tenacity, really Waiting earnestly for the great results of ur trek to zion. Good things ahead.
ReplyDelete